The body becomes more efficient in every possible way through training. That includes hormone production. Resistance training has been proven to increase the amount of testosterone and HGH, along with other hormones, the body produces during maximal exercise. These hormones are important to muscle hypertrophy.
Growth Hormone (MAXIMIZE)
- High intensity, high total work volume, and short rest periods. An example of this would be a 10RM (or just exercises with heavy resistance) for 3 sets of each exercise and only resting for 30 - 60 seconds.
- This will result in high lactate concentrations and a disruption to the acid-base balance, leading to an increase in growth hormone secretion.
- Supplement the diet with carbohydrates and protein before and after the workout.
- Large muscle group exercises (i.e. deadlift, power clean, squat)
- Heavy resistance (85% - 95% 1RM)
- Moderate to high volume of exercise (multiple sets or multiple exercises)
- Short rest intervals (30-60 seconds)